Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Favorite Films #2 - OldBoy


If I had to choose one, this would be THE favorite of mine. OldBoy, Chan-Wook Park's masterpiece, in my opinion, that changed the way I saw films ever after.

This film has everything I want out of a film. The premiss of the plot is intriguing, the soundtrack is so good that after this I deleted every R&B/RAP crap song I've ever had (grew out of em' anyway) and started consuming soundtracks and scores from left right and center like they were going out of fashion. The acting is as usual brilliant, I've been wondering for the longest time what kind of acting asian people get over there, is it the same as in europe/america? Ji-Tae Yu's performance inspires me to do better. After I saw him in OldBoy and before him, G-Man in Half Life 2, playing a "villain" seems much more interesting then playing the hero.

I don't know what else to say, as per usual I am horrible at writing about films. It's just about something that happens inside my brain you know? Hard to put it in text.

I live for OldBoy and I am dying to see if anything can ever top this film for me. *Clap Clap* Chan-Wook Park.