Saturday, August 29, 2009

Konstantin Stanislavski

I am so happy that I've now read both An Actor Prepares and Building A Character. I dare not say that I've learned so much that my head is about to explode because it's not really the teaching of new knowledge, but more like what you already have in you that you have to be conscious of and realize.

If ever people eve ask me "If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?" I'll say Konstantin Stanislavski so fast they'll jump two feet up. I'd just love to hang around him, and of course be one of his pupils and just bask in that cultural genius.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, If I ever come across anyone, ANYONE, remotely into acting and they don't know of this man I WILL look down upon them, because that is simply unforgivable.

Still no news if the acting class is starting, if it is, its on 10th september. Safe to say, I CAN'T WAIT. Before I start on his last book in this series of trilogy An Actor Prepares, Building A Character, Creating A Role, I think I'll wait right here for a minute, go to the acting classes, read Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" (among other books) because I don't want to get too ahead of myself you know.