Monday, August 3, 2009

Cars

A bit of a love of mine. Which is a bit strange considering I don't have a drivers license... yet. Am fully on my way of getting it now. Why did I wait so long? Story of my life. I am especially interested in old classic cars., like Jaguar E Type, the old ferrari looking cars. The old black gangster cars you see in Godfather with suicide doors, those kind of stuff.

I have never had any desire at all to be on a TV show like Jay Leno or Letterman or whatever. I love to meet them in person, but have no special desire to be on any sort of TV show like that. Never even put an ounce of thought into poxy shit like red carpet or Hollywood in general for that matter.

There is one show, one presenter (and one only) that I have a dream of meeting and being on. Jeremy Clarkson and his Top Gear. This man is absolutely special. I have enjoyed every single thing he has done. All his documentaries are amazing and I keep watching em' like the best documentaries I have ever seen. His presence and his style just fascinates me to no end.

Top Gear is the best thing on the tellie. Well I don't have a television and I don't watch it so I download everything but you get the idea.

Just watch this soliloquy from the last episode of the 13th series of Top Gear. Almost moved me to tears god damnit.



There are not a lot of people I have any special desire to meet. I have a few, most of them dead. Konstantin Stanslavski, Marlon Brando, Stella Adler, Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, Albert Einstein. And now and for all times I can proudly add Jeremy Clarkson. Don't know how, don't know when, but I hope somehow I do get to sit on that couch driving a reasonably priced car and just have a laugh to be honest.

Enjoy, maybe we'll meet later Mr Clarkson.