Thursday, September 3, 2009

Project: Drivers License

It's officially official. I am getting my drivers license AND I am doing it as a my Project Work at school so It's like two birds in one stone ;) This genius never stops working, fucking A!

It is going to be hard work though I'd imagine, really hard. Right now i am a full time student at school, and on top of that I just got news that my acting classes are definitely starting and come Sept 10th it's rock and roll. So Monday->Thursday, I am pretty tightly scheduled. Well... I do leave school at 3pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays so a few hours there to reap. Although Fri->Sund is free I of course do have homework and stuff but meh, we'll sort it out.

The process of getting a drivers license in Swedish land nowdays is like getting your doctorate degree, fuck me.

1) You need to go to a few classes where they teach you about the hazards of drugs and alcohol etc. It's not too bad I think, basically you just need to attend. Not sure if there is a big hooplah around it, like major tests or whatnot but shouldn't be too bad. Whit this brain anyway I'll do fine.... right.

2) Is a thingy LOOSELY translated "Slippery Road" (I know the swedes are fucking funny arent they). Here you basically hop into a car and drive through a series of road conditions, like wet, ice etc to get experience and feel for what it's like and avoid shit like elderly people while you slide around.

3) Want to kill myself at this point

4) This is the funky bit. I mean a few years ago this list wasn't even as long as my left nut. Basically you did a theory test, you had a driving tests, if you passed they gave you a drivers license and told you to fuck off.

Now you need to do the theory AND PASS your driving test all within three weeks I think. Or else FAIL! and you need to do them both again until you pass them both within three weeks. Considering the queue to book a test is like two months, you need to wait something like two months at a time to try to do the freaking test.


....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\... This is how they greet you when you apply to do the test I'd imagine. Yeah and I agree with em, fuck me -_-.

As far as test drives you can either drive with your dad or something after you've done a three hour educational class together or hire a driving teacher from a school. The latter one is a bit expensive though and I hope I can do as little of that as possible. Dad should be good.

I always give this driving license thing a big push and get very bored quickly, I hope I'll pull it together this time though. If not for me, then for all the chicks out there who are dreaming each and every night to be picked up with a black old saggy Nissan Micra, cuz dats how we roll cuz'.