Sunday, February 28, 2010

Runaway Train

I am deeply touched by this film. I've seen it a once or twice already years ago, this is one of those films that run every year on swedish television... when I used to watch television several years ago.

I gave it another go for nostalgia's sake and I am so very touched. What a riveting, suspense film. I was hooked from the first minute to the last. It's been a very long time since I've seen a film like that. I wasn't sure what to expect before I started watching but now I am in tears... been wiping tears of my face for the last few minutes, especially with the perfectly fitting tune at the end with the end quotes from Richard III;

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity"
"But I know none, therefore am no beast"

Gloria in D Major - Et In Terra Pax

I definitely felt for John Voight's character, I kind of felt some sort of connection what he could've felt and went through, us against the world. Good man at the wrong place and wrong life.

That ending scene is one of the best I've ever seen, it goes straight into my favorite scene library and there are not a lot of scenes in there. Cherry picking.

Check out the trailer now, and see it as soon as you can if you want to do the universe a justice.