Saturday, February 27, 2010

Done and DONE With This Place

So yea, needless to say, I quit both of my acting classes. I realized these two old dogs have NOTHING to teach me and I have a much better taste and understanding of acting then they have (thank god for Stanislavski). I think they have been really stuck in this old mechanical/plastic/bullshit-theater way of acting, obviously picked up a mountain of bad bad acting habits which like Stella Adler once said "I don't want to be subjected to that" so I quit and thank god for that. I don't want to be TAINTED with what they are "teaching"... I just feel sorry for all the others in the class, really nice people and I'll miss their company and I hope they all do great in the future.

My future is getting out of here. As you know I am going to RADA. I just hope that I won't be as surprised by these horrendous bad ways of acting that I met with in these courses in RADA. I don't think I will though, at all. Judging by this I think I'll be very happy come summer 2010. I'm just waiting for school to finish to be honest. Not that I care at all about the school shit, the only reason I am there is because I get cash and I refuse to grind my soul and spirit to a pulp via working nine to five.

I'm even thinking of going to the englands a month early, hopefully find and settle in a squat, get to know the place and stay there for as long as possible, hopefully to the end of the year.

Don't disappoint me RADA, please. I know the genius Stanislavski is dead but let not his work be. If that place doesn't work out, i'll just start working on my own...

...work my way to the top.