Saturday, May 16, 2009

Poem, Trees


Ah poems, getting quite interesting now. I only picked up poems a few months ago. I am not actively looking for them but when I come across one I like for some reason I usually keep it so I can post it here later. I am really thinking about starting to write stuff, incl poems. And I am also thinking of getting some painting equipment so I can paint a little. I remember that I always used to paint as a kid. I really like oil paintings with bold strokes, like THIS one (that is currently my desktop pic as well, made by Claude Monet "Nympheas (1897)")

As far as acting update goes, I actually might to do an audition for a short film on Monday! The fella is supposed to send me the script on SUNDAY, that means I have one day to learn the shit. But he said it was intentional so... screw that guy man :( Nah he seemed really cool because his ad said that they were looking for people around my age with acting experience to come and audition and here I am. I am not expecting to get it at all, I just want to go for the sake of going and making and effort!

Anyway, here is the poem by (Alfred) Joyce Kilmer, a religious fella that likes to include it as a big topic in his poems. You guys know what I think about religion but nonetheless. This poem was really short and sweet. It's really expressive and for poem "n00bs" like me who don't get the heavy stuff (YET!) this one is a doll.

*Ehm ehm*

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.