Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marlon Brando

Marlon Brando... As I am trying to get deeper and deeper into the mind of an actor I am quickly realizing that this guy is my favorite above all the others, for obvious reasons.

I've been watching documentaries and it pictures greatly how great he is, how intuitively he works, how everything seems to be so natural. If some people are born to act, then this guy is it. Some people just "got it" don't they? Where they just execute something just as they should and sometimes even better then imagined.

Turns out he was in Stella Adler's workshop, so I looked her up as well and fucking hell... I am realizing as I am listening to her and watching Brando in films such as "A Streetcar named Desire" and "On The Waterfront" how SHIT today's cinema is. I mean it's fucking appalling. My friend urged me for months to watch Lost, because I hadn't watched a single episode and since it seems to be the bees fucking knees I thought I'd give it a go.

I turned it off after two and a half episodes. (I didn't watch two and half eps in one run, keep your panties on)

I tell you what, if THAT is what I have to go up against when perhaps making films and being an actor and all that, even though I have absolutely zero experience in actual acting I feel like I have nothing to worry about at all. I am really patting the shit out of my back here but come on eh?

Great people make things look easy though, I know.

A lot to learn to. Long way to go. And what a lovely journey it shall be :)

Stella Adler then. STEEEELLAAAAAAAAAA. I am going to get her book and read it through and through. Going to keep it next to me like the fucking bible (fuck the bible), (play on words, woooo). Wherever I go, that book goes, if I take a shit, i'll have it in my left hand as I am wiping with the right one (aren't I poetic?). If I get robbed I'll give them the clothes off my back and my left nut before I give it up.

What if it turns out the book is outdated and shit? lol.

I feel like I need to do something great. Why as this feeling come all over me all of a sudden?

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"

Marlon Brando, you are #1.