Monday, January 4, 2010

My Favorite Films #3 - Synecdoche, New York


I am a bit confused and surprised. While going through some archives from my site I didn't find a SINGLE POST about Charlie Kaufman's masterpiece "Synecdoche, New York". Now I am sure I have mentioned this amazing film more then once, and I am more then sure I posted the most beautiful song from said film called "Little Person", but I can't find it no matter what, which leads me to believe that said post has been deleted in some mysterious fashion, what the fuck?

Anywho, still scratching my head about this, but still moving on. The film that is the most underrated film in the decade, and I say this because it was GROSSLY overlooked by the academy people, hence why I hence forth don't give a crap about them ^_^

A shower of Oscar statues should've rained upon this film the second it came out, but nay, people who are like fucking cave people can't see genius when it's taking a piss on their heads as it turns out.

It has (just like oldboy and all the others) a brilliant soundtrack that is a MUST for me to convey a mood, feeling etc and it's MANDATORY for me... it's probably largely due to me growing up with video games that always had a brilliant soundtrack to them that set the tone for me for the rest of my life (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Diablo, Stracraft, Grim Fandango, Max payne etc). The plot of the film is of course great, just read this;

"A theater director struggles with his work, and the women in his life, as he attempts to create a lite-sized replica of New York inside a warehouse as part of his new play."

I mean, how can it NOT be good right? Philip Seymour Hoffman is brilliant as usual, definitely one of my favorite actors, and Charlie Kaufman's directing and screenplay is as usual as good as they come out of Hollywood nowdays, *tip of the hat*. There aren't many people I dream of to especially working with but Charlie Kaufman is one of them that I dream and hope I'll meet. Even if he said he got a role where I play a raging rapist homosexual I'd do it in a heartbeat... famous last words -_-.

I'll leave you with a favorite song of mine that happens to be out of this film and the trailer. GO AND BUY THE DVD OR FUCK OFF OUT OF MY BLOG.

Trailer,


"Synecdoche, New York - Little Person", I might've shed a few tears as the curtains fell and this tune rolled up, but let's leave that where it belongs.