Monday, July 6, 2009

Thinking Big pt.2

If you know turkish, I know that you would love that wonderful poem. I also hope you had a heavy right hand and gave a few to the children's hospital...

Alas, the story goes on.

Super overwhelmed by this greatness sensation. The feeling that you got great ambitions and you can't wait to start doing BIG THINGS. School is starting this fall, I'm going to Åsö Gymnasium in Stockholm to up my grades, because NYFA requires a highschool diploma. Probably going to be there for three semesters or something, aka a year and a half out of my life... better be worth it this. All just to try to get that NYFA scholarship and get into their school, but hey, if I don't then so be it, I bet Kulturama will be nice too. Going to start off by digging my teeth into Philosophy, psychology, geography, and whatnot while at the same time getting my groove on with acting classes at 7pm in Kulturama, sounds like a good start for me!

Just found out as well about Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, saw the first episode and I CAN'T WAIT too see the rest. I really love the eastern style of building a story. They love and put huge emphasis on a score and music, which is right up my alley. Often times I don't even NOTICE a score in a western film, whatever it may be. Saw The Deer Hunter and The Seventh Seal the other day. Both amazing films, obviously, love De Niro and Mr Walken. I am so glad I came around to watch Ingmar Bergman's film The Seventh Seal, five minutes into the film I knew I was going to love it. Finally a swedish film that didn't fucking suck balls. No wonder he is a genius. But I digress, a score was largely absent. Didn't see hair nor hide of it. Come Asian films though, I am not sure how many soundtracks of theirs I've got in my computer but it's getting ridiculous, does the western director's don't even give a shit? Me Not Understandyy.

Alas...

I really enjoy Stanislavki's book "An Actor Prepares", a whole 300ish page book only on how an actor prepares, fuck me. Sometimes I am thinking "what the fuck am I getting myself into here with this" but damn at the same time I can't wait do just learn and do it. Stella Adler's book "The Art of Acting" was equally amazing If you are a young wannabe acting student and you haven't read this books then you better get cracking boy. Stanislavki technique is to acting what Einstein's Theory of Relativity is to science, get me?

I suppose the main topic of this post is score (again) so I'm going to leave you with this CLASSIC zelda tune, let the thingy load and just listen, ah brings back memories of my gaming days, what made me to be honest, cheers...

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/zelda/zelda64textures.html