Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shifting into first gear

So I thought it was as good as time as any to try to learn how the hell you write a movie/tv show/etc. It always pays off to study in your spare time and since I got more spare time then I can shake a stick at right now I thought it's time to get cracking.

I googled, obviously, for something like "how to write a screenplay" and found this wonderful guide on Screenwriting.info and they have a 22 page guide which is lovely. It was very easy to read through and it made a lot of sense.

I had a small brilliant idea for a TV show that I pitched to my amigo Alex and he seemed to like it. Obviously just a random first idea but the more I think about it the more I like it. Obviously I can't go into too much detail but I will as soon as I can. I am gonna sit on the thought of this show and try to let it "mature" in my head, go over details with good ol' Alexei to see if it is something that we really could write down and maybe perhaps show to some big shot and see what's what. Ya never know. "Every race... starts with a step or sommat" like Karl Pilkington so poeticly put it.