Saturday, February 14, 2009

Goal: New York/Los Angeles Film Academy

"New york, new york
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find Im a number one top of the list, king of the hill
A number one

These little town blues, are melting away
Im gonna make a brand new start of it - in old new york
And if I can make it there, Im gonna make it anywhere

It up to you - new york new york"
- Frank Sinatra

I've definitely got a goal now. New York Film Academy. They've got two camps, one in L.A. and the other in New York.

I was with a few friends, watching a nice film (The Oxford Murders) and on my way back in the middle of the night, sitting in a buss, I saw an ad and on it it said "Study abroad! Visit Blueberry.nu" and I thought to myself "Why not?". And the next day I visited the site online too see what's what and lo and behold I came across NYFA.

Now, actually studying in NYFA would be an absolute dream come true, I read their site and all their .pdf files up and down and this place is so perfect I hardly know how to justify it by telling you all, so just visit the site NOW.

The biggest problem is financial of course, the price tag is pretty heavy. With the help of CSN and if I get lucky enough to get a scholarship, I AM FUCKING GONE. WOOOHOOO.

I don't want to get a head of myself though. Where I am sitting right now, I have A LOT of work ahead of me before I can even consider applying for a sholarship. I need to finish my high school (I think that's the english "gymnasium" equivilent anyway) degree because I decided what I was doing there at the time wasn't for me, and I was exacly right. I am so glad I dropped out of the shit. And been through a ton of shit since then (I was 18 when I dropped) I NOW finally know exacly what to do in life. So YAY for me.

I am not sure what I need to do or say to get a scholarship. But I think I need to get atleast one year's worth of acting basic education in Kulturama before I can apply for a scholarship with ANY of my dignity intact. But here is the thang you see... what if there is a possibility to apply for one without having had that education, if you show them enough heart and convince them that you are worthy, then I could be gone very very soon (relatively speaking), because I don't know what you need to do or have done to get one of them :(.

Say I done all that, I get the CSN + Scholarship (and I hope to got that it's enough to pay for the school and place to live or else this dream was not-to-be before it even started) where do I go? Los Angeles or New York?

New York is New York innit, I don't need to get a car and shit, but then again, I love the west coast, it's so chill and I got a few amigo's there already! And I hear NY is more of a independent scene while you can get more Hollywood connections if you study in LA. But then again it doesn't matter because if you are fucking good, then you are fucking good and people will (hopefully) notice.

Yes I am getting way ahead of myself, as I always do, but you gotto think and dream big kid. First things first, I need to wrap up my high school grades before I can do shit, so that is first thing on the list (besides getting a job, which is always a passive mission)

Oh and I have to say this. As far as getting things done in a hurry or whatever, really not my thing. I am so at peace with the universe, per se (fuck, gonna sound like a hippie now) that I know good shit is gonna happen so I am not stressed about getting an education, get into NYFA, make a film and be a trillionaire before i am 25. NO!. If it happens tomorrow, then perfect, if thoes things come around when I am 40? Perfect.

Take a chill pill brah, I am suave.